Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Anyone know of a great makeup remover that doesn't burn your eyes?

I have eye makeup remover from Clinique that I absolutely love. I put it on a cottonball and it takes off the makeup effortlessly. What I'm wanting is something similar, but that can be used on the whole face. I don't like Dove or Oil of Olay cleansing cloths (and similar products) because they leave my face feeling really dry and I don't like having to lather something on my face at night and then rinse it off (besides, they both burn my eyes really bad). I would love something that I can just put on a cottonball and rub all over my face, without having to rinse it off (or at least not involving more than getting another cottonball wet and rinsing my face that way).





Is there a product like this even out there, or am I out of luck for being so picky?Anyone know of a great makeup remover that doesn't burn your eyes?
i personally love almay eye make-up remover pads ( not the water-based it won't get waterproof mascara and she laq off) and it moisterizes really well!!Anyone know of a great makeup remover that doesn't burn your eyes?
Pond's cold cream works well. Only thing, it cannot remove water proof makeup. You won't need to use water or soap, unless you have oily skin.
I use Loreal's Gentle Cleansing Milk and it works just fine. No burning or rinsing needed.
Mary Kay
I use good only Ponds in a jar. Petroleum Jelly works too -NOT vaseline.
try ponds wipes
For eye makeup remover, I usually use Lancome's Bi-facil. It works perfectly - very gentle and non-oily. You only have to use a little bit to get it off, and the makeup comes off very quickly. I usually dip a little bit into a cotton ball, swap it across my eyelids/eyelashes, and it's off! Every other makeup remover I've tried (Almay, Pond's, Mary Kay, L'oreal) either had too much oil or alcohol and irritated my skin (I have sensitive skin). I even wear contact lenses, and this product doesn't even irritate them. The only downside is the price though - $23 for 125ml bottle.
okay this store called ';khols'; well they carry a brand called Flirt, and theyre make up remover is ausome, here is a review by another girl saying how good it is.





Friday, August 04, 2006


Flirt! SEE-YA Makeup Remover





I've tried various different eye makeup removers, from cheaper brands (like Neutrogena) to more expensive ones (like a sample of a Laura Mercier makeup remover a friend gave me) to good old-fashioned baby oil, and the one I keep coming back to is Flirt! SEE-YA Makeup Remover ($10 at Kohls stores or kohls.com). It removes my eye makeup quickly and easily, without feeling oily or leaving a greasy residue on my eyes. I normally am a product chameleon, trying one thing for a while then getting bored and trying some other brand or formula. But this makeup remover is one of those rare tried-and-true beauty products that I have remained faithful to for some time now.





Posted by Marcy at 8:31 AM 1 comments





Labels: Eyes, Favorites, Flirt





Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Flirt!








I remember when I first heard about this new line of make-up, which was to be sold exclusively at Kohl's stores. One of 3 new beauty-product lines being launched (American Beauty and Good Skin being the other 2, later joined by Grassroots as well), Flirt! products claimed to have a variety of hot new make-up buys, in wide, youthful and hip color ranges.





When a Kohl's opened up just a few blocks away, I just had to check them out. =P





Now, I've always been a drugstore make-up gal, a big fan of L'Oreal and Revlon. Flirt! products (at about $10 a pop) are still a *bit* higher on my normal price scale for mek-up items. However, living now in California where even a tube of Revlon lipgloss costs me $7-$8, paying $10 for a products that looks cuter, has different colors, and that I can actually try out before buying isn't that big of a jump.





So, let's move on to my favorite Flirt! products.....





Look of Love Eye Pencil








I adore this stuff. The eyeliner glides on smoothly and easily, and is perfectly smudgeable. I've been wearing their Purple Rain color (more like a raisin or dark burgundy color than bright purple) every day for the past, um, ever. I actually just the other day had to buy a new pencil b/c my old one was getting too short to sharpen anymore. I'm sort of make-up ADD so the fact that I used a make-up item long enough to run out and need to buy a replacement says a LOT! I also have it in Licorice Delight for a darker evening look, and Ice Pixie.





Dreamy Eyes Eyeshadow








All of Flirt!'s eyeshadow colors seem to have a nice shimmery quality, without being obnoxiously so. They also seem to have pretty good staying power. My favorite so far is Honey Lemonade, a cheery yet subdued yellow shade that's perfect for spring and summer. My only complaint about this eyeshadow is the packaging, which doesn't allow you to see which compact is which color very easily, though things like that can be worked around.





Squeeze Me Super Shiny Lipgloss











I am a lipgloss fiend. I am addicted to lipgloss. I've always preferred to use a bit of lip liner + lipgloss over wearing lipstick when possible. The first item in Flirt!'s line that got me was their lipgloss. I LOVE this stuff. It's perfectly shiny, it comes in all sorts of super-fun colors, and each has a nice, fun scent that's just subtle enough. Their Zippy Ginger shade was my signature lipgloss for several months. I also love some of their brighter shades, like Fruitalicious. Even the bright shades are sheer enough to be totally wearable.





Rollerblush Portable Blush Paper








Now, this last one, I will admit, is one of those products that grabs me more than anything b/c of its packaging. I mean, LOOK at it! How cool is that?!? In practice it's not the most practical of products, I guess..... it can be a bit awkward figuring out how to hold the paper so as to apply it to your cheeks the best way. But then again it's small, it's portable, and it works well enough.... =P I have it in Peach Glimmer and when I feel like switching over from my usual rosy-pink blush I'll use it to give me an oh-so-slightly shimmery peach glow.





Posted by Marcy at 2:45 PM 2 comments





Labels: Cheeks, Eyes, Face, Flirt, Lips





and here is a website that you can buy it from if they isnt a khols near you,





http://www.thisnext.com/item/4B80AF69/SE鈥?/a>
Yes girl! I'm so glad that I found you!!! I PROMISE that you will LOVE avon's eye makeup remover! I works wonders!!!!
Use any kind of lotion.
i use the avon make-up remover it works great and it's pretty cheap. give baby wipes or vaseline a try too (i don't know if they work or not)
Don't use it as a replacement for a good skin care regime, but Mary Kay has the industry's leading eye makeup remover. You would not believe how well it works and how gentle it is.
The Marykay stuff that is two in one, it kind of looks like toner with oil, but it doesn't sting at least not my eyes...It comes in a translucent lavender bottle...
maybelline new york's expert eyes. it works great...its hypoallergenic and contact-safe
mac makeup has a makeup remover (they are wipes that are sealed in a box) that doesn't have alcohol in it so it won't burn. they leave my skin really soft. it doesn't require anything more but throwing it in the trash.
baby oil works great! just put some on a wash rag and rub it over your eyes. it really works! hope it helps!
You don't need to rinse off after using the wipes--just moisturize.
Aveda has a sensitive eye make up remover.
I had the same problem as you. Try Jurlique Makeup Remover OPC. ITs very gentle on your face, does the job, and leaves your face soft. As to rinsing, girl, it's always good to wash off whatever you got on.. even the makeup remover no matter what brand you use. It's bad for your skin.
I guess you could stay au naturel and not put it on in the first place. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
anything that's Clean n Clear always work especially ';daily cleanser or scrub'; i am 14 n i neva had acne or vits or pimples!! so i tellin u it works!! n mask every once a week n it will do wonders!
You're being a bit picky, but Clinique is a great remover, probably one of the few that work. Mary Kay also has an excellent remover that I love and use religiously. You can use that all over your face too. But wouldn't you rather use something that REALLY cleans your face? And don't forget to moisturize!!
First, you had better get used to putting a moisturizer, and a good moisturizer, not Vaseline Intensive Care lotion, on your face or else you will look like an old shoe by the time you are fifty; especially if you have dry skin, which you do or it would feel as dry as you say it does after you wash it. Take care of your skin if you want to have nice looking skin for a long time.





Next, cleansing cloths are fine for an alternate cleansing regimen, but not as a regular program. You must wash your face more often that you use the cleansing cloths. But again, this is only if you don't want to look like an old shoe by the time you are fifty. Having said this though, use a cleansing product, not soap.





Using baby oil or petrolatum based products, and especially that Ponds cold cream stuff in the jar, may remove makeup and make your skin feel soft, but again, in a couple of decades down the road, they are going to cause comodones, which are not pretty either. Comodones are white bumps that are buried deep under the skin and can't be picked off. You have to go a dermatologist and have him lance them and remove them.





Please use moisturizer. It will be the thing that saves your skin.
there is a simple an easy way to remove makeup. plain old fashion ponds cold cream. you can mix it with some aloe vera for troubled skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting